Recipe of the week:
Lemon, Garlic and Tuna Pasta
- 200g of dried pasta (*Gluten free pasta)
- 1 tsp of garlic infused olive oil
- 2 spring onions
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- Tin of tuna in spring water
- 145g Black pepper
- Small knob of butter or DF alternative*
- 40g of grated cheddar (*Vegan cheese can be used as alternative)
Get your pasta on the boil.
Mince the garlic, finely slice the spring onion, zest the lemon and grate the cheese and set aside.
5 minutes into pasta cooking, heat the garlic oil, then saute the minced garlic and spring onions. Before the garlic starts to catch, add the tuna (water and all) and stir. Add the lemon zest and juice too along with the knob of butter and freshly ground black pepper. Add a ladle of the pasta cooking water and let it all simmer. Once the butter has melted, add the cheese, stir then add the cooked pasta. One final stir and serve.
Suitable from 6 months. Will keep in the fridge for a couple of days. To reheat, place in an oven dish with a splash of water and more cheese op top, and bake it until crispy.