Recipe of the week:
Spinach and Basil Pesto
- 1 packet of gnocchi (or 150g of pasta)
- A large handful of fresh basil
- A large handful of fresh spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Good grinding of black pepper
- The juice of half a lemon
- A handful of pine nuts
- Half a ladle of warm water (I used the gnocchi water)
- Approx 50g of grated cheese (can sub for vegan cheese)
Get your gnocchi on to boil, this will take 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile place all the ingredient into a blender and whizz up till smooth. If you would like a looser consistency then add a little more water.
Mix with your cooked gnocchi and serve with an extra grinding of cheese.
This recipe is suitable from 6 months. Cut the gnocchi in to quarters if serving to babies under 18 months.
The pesto can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly, gently warm and mix with freshly cooked pasta.